Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Glued to the Television

I knew I loved television, but seriously, I did not know how much I watched until I went away.   Or more so, until I came back and then tried to play catch-up on missed episodes.   I actually thought I had planned better and that it was more repeats than originals, so less time commitment.    

Nope, I literally had dozens of hours of television I needed (yes NEEDED) to watch from Vampire Diaries, to The Good Wife, Revenge, The New Girl, Modern Family, The Office...the list goes on and on.   And that doesn't count the lifestyle shows I like to watch on HGTV, Food Network, DIY....oh, and then there's Netflix which has Breaking Bad, Freaks and Geeks, Damages....

And I thought maybe then, this was time to start cutting the list of what I watch, but I haven't been able to weed it down yet.  I literally can't find a show I even think about quitting.   It would feel a bit like cheating, leaving them in their hour of need, without a sounding board I think I provide, where they can vent their problems each week.   They are my friends after all, aren't they?  

Perhaps I should try as I plan to go away again for another period of time.   And that will lead to the inevitable catch-up again.   So another chance for me to reduce my viewing.   

Oh, but with The Following set to premiere in just a few short weeks -  the Kevin Williamson created series, starring Kevin Bacon, with a killer premise?!?!   I can't miss that!   

Hello, my name is Sharon, and I'm addicted to great television.  


No comments:

Post a Comment