Many have asked how I've been able to quit my job, travel and otherwise explore the opportunities life has to offer. Most assume I'm trying to "find myself". But that's not it - I'm pretty sure I always know where to find myself, I'm generally always with me...... I don't have any specific answer for this - I'm grateful that I have this chance, the ability to take some time, to stop and look around, not just at destinations far away, but also places that are so close yet I've never taken the moment to go.
I did plan financially, of course, but there was something more to it. There was a feeling that started to hit me some time ago, kind of like I was being pulled in a different direction than the one I was going. That's not meant to sound hokey, it really was that everything seemed to be pushing me down a different path. Kind of like, when you're walking against a crazy headwind, it's near impossible to push through it, almost like you're not meant to be going that way that day. So as the signs and the push back appeared to get stronger, I knew the timing was right to take a leap of faith.
The thing is, I'm not yet sure where that leap is leading me. But somehow, I feel rather content with that, which is very surprising. I'm kind of just going with the flow. See what shows up, peaks my interest, or reinvigorates a new passion and then follow that to wherever it may lead. A different way to life, perhaps - but I'm going to go with it for a while because I already feel excited, rejuvenated and thrilled about what this great world has to offer!
How about you? Have you ever felt pulled in a different direction? And did you act on that feeling?

No comments:
Post a Comment